Satellite in 610 Does Not Fix on Location. | Software Issues | Forums

Avatar
Please consider registering
guest
Advanced Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Satellite in 610 Does Not Fix on Location.
September 22, 2012
12:06 pm
Avatar
OSS-SAS
Admin
Forum Posts: 1
Member Since:
March 11, 2021
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

We just received an email from a user in India. He stated that his 610 will not lock in on satellites.

We have seen this problem in our repair facilities.

We established that his satellite page did show 5 white satellites but they could not lock in. Instead the satellite page simply said "Tracking" and NOT FIXED.

Obviously, he did not get any green bars on this front page.

In 80% of these cases it is the SirfSTAR chip but in the remaining 20% of the cases it is the fixed patch antennae. We have found that the lead to the motherboard had cold-solder joints and/or the two screws that hold the antennae to the motherboard had bad insulators or the screws were simply loose (only in one case).

One dead give away of a bad antennae is that the unit will intermittently fix on the satellites and then go to the tracking stage.

JG

JG Technical Support is part of Jungle Ghost Enterprises (JGE) in Wayne, NJ. JG created JGE in 2007 specifically as a Repair and Service Center Worldwide for Magellan Triton and the New Explorist X10 units. For the record, JG received his moniker from the Kachins in Burma.  In Burmese he is "Dua Ma Rung".

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 4
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 804
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 14
Forums: 41
Topics: 921
Posts: 7328
Newest Members:
KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 27, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply