GC Won't get past the first screen | GC 110 310 Repair & Service Questions & Solutions | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
GC Won't get past the first screen
A current issue
April 17, 2014
10:52 am
OSS-SAS
Admin
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

BB, Somehow the update procedure corrupted some files.  If the unit is under warranty, call Magellan and return it.

If out of Warranty, install new batteries, attach GPS to PC and then simultaneously HOLD DOWN === UP ARROW, MENU and POWER ON.

This sequence should get the GPS to attach and create a virtual drive F:\Magellan.

Do not give up as sometimes this takes two or three attempts.

At this stage you have to replace all the files EXCEPT FOR THE MAP FILE.

Is this does not work then try the 310 Service Sequence BACK MENU BUTTONS AND POWER ON simultaneously.  I forget but you should see a master item to connect to the GPS.

Good Luck,

JG

JG Technical Support is part of Jungle Ghost Enterprises (JGE) in Wayne, NJ. JG created JGE in 2007 specifically as a Repair and Service Center Worldwide for Magellan Triton and the New Explorist X10 units. For the record, JG received his moniker from the Kachins in Burma.  In Burmese he is "Dua Ma Rung".

April 16, 2014
10:44 pm
BigBanana
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi

So recently I updated my software to 2.15 and everything was running smoothly until I did that. Now on the first loading screen, the dial appears and makes a full revolution before stopping. Nothing else happens or appears except the magellan logo. Tried connecting to PC while device is off and holding Up, Menu and Power, but the same thing happens. Resetting the device also doesn't work. Batteries are good and working. Any help?

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 4
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 14
Forums: 41
Topics: 920
Newest Members:
bianca44d037, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 26, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply