510 wont start up | 510 610 710 Repair & Service Questions & Solutions | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
510 wont start up
deleted files
July 10, 2013
3:47 pm
OSS-SAS
Admin
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

n.mcbain said
Well i have done quite a bit of searching now and i have also sent a mail to magellen and still no reply. 

i have just recently wanted to clear my SD card that was in my 510 and it showed up on my computer as 2 separate drives when connected. one was a SD and the other was named magellan. on looking at it i was under the presumption that the megallan was then the gps and SD was the card in beside the battery. i cleared the SD drive and now my GPS will no longer boot up. i get the magellan screen at the beginning and then shortly after the screen displays a laptop with a device connected with a GPS device. i have no idea now. i presume i need to get hold of the system files to replace what i have probably deleted.

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

Mr. McBain,

You are not alone.  We receive countless X10's into our repair center because of this problem. 

You will see many messages on this forum that heavily suggest that when anyone receives a new X10 to make a backup copy of the complete F:/Magellan drive.

The problem is even worse if the user has deleted the Magellan TOPO maps with the serial number that matches their GPS.

We can only advise you to consider to use our repair facilities at: http://www.jungleghost.com/Exp.....vice.shtml

We can also provide you with the Magellan Summit and City Series Maps for North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, Fishing and Hunting maps.

If we can, may we caution you to NEVER FORMAT the drive in your GPS.

Regards,

Mike

JG Technical Support is part of Jungle Ghost Enterprises (JGE) in Wayne, NJ. JG created JGE in 2007 specifically as a Repair and Service Center Worldwide for Magellan Triton and the New Explorist X10 units. For the record, JG received his moniker from the Kachins in Burma.  In Burmese he is "Dua Ma Rung".

July 10, 2013
3:06 pm
n.mcbain
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Well i have done quite a bit of searching now and i have also sent a mail to magellen and still no reply. 

i have just recently wanted to clear my SD card that was in my 510 and it showed up on my computer as 2 separate drives when connected. one was a SD and the other was named magellan. on looking at it i was under the presumption that the megallan was then the gps and SD was the card in beside the battery. i cleared the SD drive and now my GPS will no longer boot up. i get the magellan screen at the beginning and then shortly after the screen displays a laptop with a device connected with a GPS device. i have no idea now. i presume i need to get hold of the system files to replace what i have probably deleted.

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 8
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251