Ex 710 maps & geocache icons | Maps | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Ex 710 maps & geocache icons
December 26, 2012
6:08 pm
David
Members
Forum Posts: 646
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

If the Geocaches are showing up in the cache list from the main menu, then you need to go into the Map Options and make sure that you have the "Display Geocaches" option enabled for the maps. You can do this from the map screen by clicking the screen then going to the menu button that appears in the bottom right of the screen.  Then scroll down to map options and checked the settings.

David

December 26, 2012
5:49 pm
fishdog
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

First I had an eXplorist XL and it worked very well for me for years... It died and I replaced it with the 710 with the peloaded street & topo maps.  I have only had the new unit for a few days, so it is all still very new to me.  My XL showed the Geocache icons on the maps after I loaded them into the XL. As I was out and about if I saw a cache on the screen and if I had time I would give it a try.  I am having a hard time getting my loaded caches to show up on the map with the 710.  Any help out there?  Also I have yet to see how to get the topo map to show on the 710.  Granted I am in Florida and it is very flat, but so far I have not seen anything on the 710 that looks like topo information.....  I am not new to Geocaching or GPS's... just new to the 710.. 

HELP!

thanks

fishdog

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 10
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply