Pocket Queries are now limited to 1000 caches! | General GC | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Pocket Queries are now limited to 1000 caches!
May 15, 2010
6:48 am
EddieB606
Members
Forum Posts: 17
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
238sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes, GSAK is great. Has a huge learning curve, but once you start getting the hang of it, it will be your most valuable tool.

May 14, 2010
12:40 am
Miniwhip
Guests
226sp_Permalink sp_Print

I use GSAK and load them through there.

May 13, 2010
2:44 pm
USMCGecko
Members
Forum Posts: 22
218sp_Permalink sp_Print

randyandcindy wrote:

Miniwhip wrote:

Go to Geocaching.com and update your pocket queries, they will now produce 1000 at a time. Nice!!

I thought I read somewhere that PQ's will not email to you if they are over 500 caches. But is there a way to directly download the entire 1000 cache .gpx file directly from the geocaching.com web page?

Yes, when you run your PQ, and it is available for download, it will show up in the "Available for download" Tab. Open up that Tab and click on the NAME of the PQ that you saved. It will give you an option to save the ZIP file.

I personally found it easier to use VP and import them all at once.

May 13, 2010
2:52 am
randyandcindy
Members
Forum Posts: 55
217sp_Permalink sp_Print

Miniwhip wrote:

Go to Geocaching.com and update your pocket queries, they will now produce 1000 at a time. Nice!!

I thought I read somewhere that PQ's will not email to you if they are over 500 caches. But is there a way to directly download the entire 1000 cache .gpx file directly from the geocaching.com web page?

geocaching name: cindy&randy
I (Randy) am the guy, and therefore entitled to hold and control the TV remote and of course the GPSr.

May 13, 2010
2:49 am
randyandcindy
Members
Forum Posts: 55
216sp_Permalink sp_Print

USMCGecko wrote:

..about PQs. I just got my unit today, I already had VP and Magellan communicator installed. I had created 2 PQs, one was from the Zip Code I live in and the other was the Zip Code I work in. Now because the way the distance is, there are some duplicate Caches in both PQs. When I upload from VP, will it put the same Cache in the unit twice? Or will it just skip duplicates?

The eXploristGC seems to sort out duplicates quite well and only show you one. I have not done enough experimenting to determine if it keeps the newest version of the cache .gpx or if it keeps the one that was loaded first (or last).

geocaching name: cindy&randy
I (Randy) am the guy, and therefore entitled to hold and control the TV remote and of course the GPSr.

May 12, 2010
11:12 pm
USMCGecko
Members
Forum Posts: 22
214sp_Permalink sp_Print

..about PQs. I just got my unit today, I already had VP and Magellan communicator installed. I had created 2 PQs, one was from the Zip Code I live in and the other was the Zip Code I work in. Now because the way the distance is, there are some duplicate Caches in both PQs. When I upload from VP, will it put the same Cache in the unit twice? Or will it just skip duplicates?

April 30, 2010
9:02 pm
Miniwhip
Guests

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 6
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply