Waypoints on sd card | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Waypoints on sd card
March 19, 2012
1:46 am
denisetdoris
Members
Forum Posts: 400
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5482sp_Permalink sp_Print

Format SD Card will create all the correct folders on the card, in order to place your information in the correct locations. Waypoints in the Waypoints folder, Tracks in the Tracks folder, Maps, etc.

Format the card, and then transfer your waypoints into the correct folder, that's it. The unit will see them when looking up waypoints, without having to do anything. They'll stay where you put them.

For the microscopic amount of space a bunch of waypoints takes up on the memory, it won't make a huge difference, but whatever you like. All my maps are on the SD card, and everything else on the unit. I have a 610 and still have 1.2Gb free on the unit, and 7.95Gb of maps on the card.

Denis Gionet, OGA Executive Member - Northern Ontario.

March 19, 2012
1:28 am
cdthiker
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hello, I recently purchased an ex710. I have waypoints transfered to a micro sd card. What is the method to view the waypoints on the screen? Do I inport from sd card? Does that permanently store in internal memory? I want to keep internal memory as free as possible. Also, what does format sd card do? Thanks.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online: jg_the_Prophet
Guest(s) 3
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply