Tracks with wrong date and won't transfer to VP | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Tracks with wrong date and won't transfer to VP
April 6, 2012
5:11 pm
stumpjump
Members
Forum Posts: 16
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5693sp_Permalink sp_Print

If you read my thread "310 - thumbs down on file management" you will see that there are others having the same / similar issues as you are.

I am finding a number of bugs with my 310. It's like chasing a ghost - it seems sometimes a function (series of "buttons pushed") works one way, then next time you push the same series of buttons it reacts differently. I know this may be the dependant on the current settings in the GPS at times, but it is definitely not all operator error.

As far as the file transfer to VP bug - read my thread, it is relevant to your issue.

April 6, 2012
12:36 pm
denisetdoris
Members
Forum Posts: 400
5692sp_Permalink sp_Print

I never did manage to find the tracks I had deleted so I won't know what happened in my case. Likely the same as everyone else though.

Denis Gionet, OGA Executive Member - Northern Ontario.

April 6, 2012
9:54 am
Waverley04
Members
Forum Posts: 3
5691sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Karma: Did you try re-loading your rejected track gpx file to your GPS to check the file date? I have made further tracks since that date and they are correctly dated and load to VP OK ... but still those from 31 March do not transfer to VP. Since nobody else has responded with any experience of the issue I guess I have to just put it down to some obscure software blip 'on the day' - pity as that day's track was one of the few I really wanted to keep!

April 1, 2012
11:20 pm
denisetdoris
Members
Forum Posts: 400
5641sp_Permalink sp_Print

funny you should mention that. I had exactly that happen to me yesterday, but never even thought of looking at the date. I deleted the files but still have them in the Recycle bin. I`ll take a peek tonight !

Denis Gionet, OGA Executive Member - Northern Ontario.

April 1, 2012
3:09 pm
Waverley04
Members
Forum Posts: 3

I recently changed from a Triton to an eXplorist 610 - a much better model I must say. I have had few problems but yesterday I created a new track and saved it. When I tried to transfer it to VP the import procedure reports 'Import completed. No files have been imported'. I then tried via transferring the gpx file to my hard drive and importing it from there but got the same result. I then noticed that the file has yesterdays date but when viewed under the 'Tracks' option in the GPS the date is 26/04/26. However this does seem to change if I open tracks and close them again. I have also noticed that whereas previously the distances were recorded in Miles/feet (as set in the options) it now shows the distances in thousands of feet! Any suggestions as to what might be going on? Thanks. Waverley04

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 6
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply