Software version 5.93 | Page 3 | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Software version 5.93
June 11, 2011
2:59 am
phild31
Nashua, New Hampshire USA
Members
Forum Posts: 1479
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3267sp_Permalink sp_Print

I installed the 5.93 update on my 710, all the problems I've been having are cured! :woohoo:

The "Find next closest" screen shows on my 710 after pressing found but it brings up zero caches every time.
I tried setting my hard buttons to camera and compass but it made no difference, the 'Find Next Closest' brings up zero.
I have a hard button set for geocache details so I don't miss that option at all. B)

That's the only thing I've found that doesn't work!

My compass calibrates without going to the calibration page, I just wave it in a figure eight for a few seconds and it's calibrated.
Try a slow rate of the wave, one kangaroo to the left, two kangaroo - right, three kangaroo - left and four kangaroo - right.
About shoulder width figure eight while flexing your wrist.

I never bother with the barometer, I leave it shut off.

What details underneath the arrow?
If those details are small enough to be hidden by the arrow you couldn't see them while driving anyway, even if there was no arrow!
If you are walking zoom in to see what's in front of you on the map.
Plus if you are driving the arrow is where you are, you just went by the details that you can't see while driving anyway - big arrow, small arrow or no arrow.
And I use auto-zoom while in vehicle profile, go fast & it zooms out, slow down & it zooms in.

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

June 11, 2011
2:15 am
pprass
Members
Forum Posts: 264
3266sp_Permalink sp_Print

Loaded 5.92 onto my 610.

1. Start up time seems to have improved - 50 seconds and there is no longer that "Indexing Data Base" message - which may be the reason for the improved start up time.

2. No need to remove the USD file before loading a GPX file - ie the "Error" has gone 😛

3. "Find next closest" screen seems to have disappeared. After pressing "Found" it now goes to the Details screen of the cache and not to the "Find next closest". A good solution as we probably all now use the hard button for "Next closest" in any case.

4. Still can't Calibrate the Compass. Tried calibrating the altimeter first, new batteries, old batteries - waved the thing until I was blue in the face, I'm a big disgrace to the Explorist race - my x10 won't calibrate (apologies to Charlie Drake )

Anyone else have the same problem?

Overall heading in the right direction and regarding that position arrow, if people can zoom in and out while driving a car to see the details underneath the arrow then they have to have an extra set of eyes that I don't 😉

June 11, 2011
1:21 am
Jim S
Members
Forum Posts: 20
3265sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just to beat the arrow size discussion to death...

I opened the PDF of the x10 user manual and the cover picture shows the arrow on the 510 image to be much smaller than the 610, which is shown about the actual size. Is this really what the 510 has or is this just a simulated image that is not to scale?

The size shown on the 510 picture is what I would like on my 710. The transparent arrow is a great idea too.

June 10, 2011
11:57 pm
warfieldm
Members
Forum Posts: 50
3264sp_Permalink sp_Print

dwcarr1 wrote:

they felt it was better to wait a couple of days and give us the best possible product.

David

I really wish more companies would have the cajones and common sense to approach business in this manner. I know all too well that it can infuriate people in the company but that was definitely the right move. Thanks to all the Beta testers as well!!

June 10, 2011
11:53 pm
warfieldm
Members
3263sp_Permalink sp_Print

I understand the issue with the arrow size but I suspect it might cause issue with more users if it were smaller. Instead of changing the size, I'd rather be able to change the transparency level of the arrow. This can obviously be done as the map fields are about 20-30% transparent.

June 10, 2011
10:03 pm
phild31
Members
3262sp_Permalink sp_Print

Caotix wrote:

Yeah, the Arrow is still a pain. :S

I really don't understand the problem with the arrow size.
I don't want to see a small arrow, I like being able to see the darn thing at a glance.
Maybe a choice of size would be nice but for now just zoom in a bit;

June 10, 2011
9:19 pm
David
Members
Forum Posts: 646
3260sp_Permalink sp_Print

denisetdoris wrote:

Is this the same FW as they had listed with the password, 5.5x, last week or so ? David or another insider might know ....

Denis,

The new 5.93 is 99% the same as the 5.5x that was on the server with the password, however, the reason they never removed that password was because at the last minute there was a bug reported in the 5.5x version - so instead of opening the firmware for reason they chose to rush through an immediate update to fix the problem before the release. They understood that it was frustrating for us to see the update and not be able to download it, however, they felt it was better to wait a couple of days and give us the best possible product.

David

June 10, 2011
6:39 pm
Caotix
Members
Forum Posts: 143
3259sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, the Arrow is still a pain. :S

June 10, 2011
4:07 pm
Dustydew
Members
Forum Posts: 28
3255sp_Permalink sp_Print

Brent Owen wrote:

I see the scaling thing on the roads page but I do not know what it does yet. You can change the scaling from .5 x to 4 x.

Not sure what this means? And, is there release notes somewhere detailing the changes?

If they didn't change the size of the position arrow, that is really disappointing. Its so large it covers up any waypoint or geocaching.

thanks,

Dustydew

June 10, 2011
3:56 pm
KI4HLW
Members
Forum Posts: 64
3254sp_Permalink sp_Print

I would suspect there are a few changes, you wouldn't change the build number unless you changed something.

- iPhone Repair @ http://www.irepairvero.com

June 10, 2011
12:47 pm
denisetdoris
Members
Forum Posts: 400
3252sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is this the same FW as they had listed with the password, 5.5x, last week or so ? David or another insider might know ....

Denis Gionet, OGA Executive Member - Northern Ontario.

June 10, 2011
9:53 am
phild31
Members
3251sp_Permalink sp_Print

rswhitmarsh wrote:

B) Looks good so far! FINALLY...scroll arrows on all the menus 🙂 One thing...when I updated, about 90% of my waypoints were reset to the SAME icon (the sunflower, which I had used recently to mark some points). Weird; and not all were reassigned... :unsure: Looking forward to exploring the other new features. Thanks to Magellan for listening to their loyal customers :cheer:

I also had the waypoint and Geocache icons reset kind of weirdly, several different icons in no apparent order or sense.
I had GSAK remove old files when I loaded new geocaches files and all the icons were correct.

June 10, 2011
3:45 am
phild31
Members
3248sp_Permalink sp_Print

Boo Yaaa!

My 710 is fixed! :woohoo:

The compass works perfectly, I can cancel a route without it shutting down or stopping working!

I'll put it through it's paces tomorrow to test everything out but I'm happy now! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

June 10, 2011
1:09 am
rswhitmarsh
Members
3246sp_Permalink sp_Print

B) Looks good so far! FINALLY...scroll arrows on all the menus 🙂 One thing...when I updated, about 90% of my waypoints were reset to the SAME icon (the sunflower, which I had used recently to mark some points). Weird; and not all were reassigned... :unsure: Looking forward to exploring the other new features. Thanks to Magellan for listening to their loyal customers :cheer:

June 10, 2011
12:02 am
DavorF
Members
3244sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sry, just borrow one card to check and return it asap

June 9, 2011
11:10 pm
ryan3295
Members
Forum Posts: 16
3243sp_Permalink sp_Print

DavorF wrote:

I tried Navionics Gold and working nice and fast 🙂

Could you post some screen shot? I am real curious to see how good this looks.

June 9, 2011
10:59 pm
DavorF
Members
3242sp_Permalink sp_Print

I tried Navionics Gold and working nice and fast 🙂

June 9, 2011
9:48 pm
ryan3295
Members
Forum Posts: 16
3241sp_Permalink sp_Print

"Added Navionics® Marine Chart support, Navionics GOLD charts, Hotmaps®, and Fish'N Chip."

Great addition, does anyone have one available to try it out or do I have to take a trip to cabelas this weekend?

June 9, 2011
9:35 pm
S!G
Members
Forum Posts: 251
3240sp_Permalink sp_Print

No issue with the compass here.

¡¿ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ sıɥʇ ʎnq ı pıp ʎɥʍ

June 9, 2011
9:13 pm
Brent Owen
Members
Forum Posts: 56
3239sp_Permalink sp_Print

I see the scaling thing on the roads page but I do not know what it does yet. You can change the scaling from .5 x to 4 x.

It took a lot of tries to calibrate the compass too. I do have a lot of electrical equipment around me though so that may be the problem.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 3
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply