Software version 5.93 | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Software version 5.93
July 19, 2011
8:12 pm
garcor
Members
Forum Posts: 93
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3725sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wasn't refering to you as the old dog it was me LOL ,,,, so I guess it is one old dog to another hehehe

July 19, 2011
6:45 pm
phild31
Nashua, New Hampshire USA
Members
Forum Posts: 1479
3723sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, well this old dog got allot of help figuring out this stuff from quite a few people, so I sure don't mind paying it forward. 😛

The best thing about being retired is I've got the time to do whatever piques my interest.

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

July 19, 2011
5:43 pm
garcor
Members
3722sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks again Phil! If you have enough patience's you will eventually teach this old dog the new tricks LOL.

July 19, 2011
4:26 pm
phild31
Members
3721sp_Permalink sp_Print

That screen comes up when you are looking at a cache/waypoint from the list on the map.

Go to the geocache list and click on one of them;

Then click on the map icon on the bottom;

You should get this;

July 19, 2011
1:40 pm
garcor
Members
3717sp_Permalink sp_Print

phild31 wrote:

rswhitmarsh wrote:

Caotix wrote:

Jim S wrote:

Did the 5.93 update move the Zoom +/- touch screen buttons from the upper right to the middle right of the screen? I am finding that I accidently hit the zoom buttons while panning, but I do not remember that being a problem before. Anyone else notice this?

Yeap, they moved them down a bit.
For me, it suits me.

I think the + and - buttons were moved to accommodate the very large GOTO button that shows up on panning, then tapping the screen. Maybe. That's the only sense that I can make of it.

That looks like the answer, it suits me also.
Here's some screenshots;

Old;

New;

Why don't have to GO to button on my unit like you have in these pictures ? Is it in my settings ,

I have updated to the newest fermware 5.93

July 12, 2011
6:55 pm
garcor
Members
3646sp_Permalink sp_Print

jim
Don't know if your got 5.93 to work and I don't know if can load an older verson over the 5.93.

If you did get the 5.93 to work for you great !

If you did not here is a link for older verson :

http://support.magellangps.com.....itemid=245

July 11, 2011
1:30 pm
S!G
Members
Forum Posts: 251
3626sp_Permalink sp_Print

Double check, if you have backed up your maps. They are locked with the serial number of the device and can not be copied from another device. The only way to get them back if you have deleted them by mistake, is to buy them for lots of $$.

¡¿ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ sıɥʇ ʎnq ı pıp ʎɥʍ

July 11, 2011
7:17 am
Caotix
Members
Forum Posts: 143
3625sp_Permalink sp_Print

Connect your eXplorist to your Computer and copy all what is on it to your Computer.

July 11, 2011
1:03 am
garcor
Members
3623sp_Permalink sp_Print

Does any one know if you can do a explorer backup of the firmware ?

I just ordered the 710 and should have it this comming week so not sure what software is on it but from what I am reading here about 5.93 it might be best if I keep the software that comes on the unit. However if there is a way to do an explorer backup then if I did try 5.93 and wasn't happy
with it I then sould restore the backup.

June 28, 2011
6:44 pm
denisetdoris
Members
Forum Posts: 400
3526sp_Permalink sp_Print

I also believe this was the case before 5.9x -- my 610 used to show Reset Odometer, Trip odo and Trip Time under the map screen.

Denis Gionet, OGA Executive Member - Northern Ontario.

June 28, 2011
1:45 pm
JimD
Members
Forum Posts: 5
3521sp_Permalink sp_Print

Since the last upgrade (5.93) I have noticed that from the map screen I am unable to reset the odometer. I can reset the trip odometer and the trip time but not the odometer. I am able to reset the odometer from other screens but not from the map screen. Would there be a good reason for this?

I cannot remember if this was the situation in the previous version(s). Am I missing something?

June 21, 2011
5:33 pm
phild31
Members
3426sp_Permalink sp_Print

jmebd, did you try my possible fix for the upgrade that I posted yesterday?

It would be worth a try.

June 21, 2011
4:31 pm
jmebd
Members
Forum Posts: 184
3423sp_Permalink sp_Print

And not to be picky but the arrows under Alarm settings do not exist...seem to be everywhere else in the menu system and are a welcome sight...just sayin..

June 20, 2011
3:45 am
jmebd
Members
Forum Posts: 184
3393sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to downgrade the firmware back to the 4.xx or 3.xx even (I believe mine had the 3.xx before I found this nice 5.xx upgrade)? I've had nothing but problems with the latest firmware revision. I'll give Magellan a hats off to the nice looks and sleek tweaks that they've put into it but hey....if the compass is dropping calibration the more caches you find in one day.....then the distance to end locks at 15 feet eventhough you're 40-60 feet from the caches (resets or "catches up" when you relocate outside of close to 100 feet or run (aka move faster than a brisk walk). Then the find nearest cache returns results 2,000 miles from your current location.....I guess I should have removed those "Most found caches" that were included with the unit that were preloaded hugh? Sorry, but the newest firmware is just wrecking havoc upon my caching experience....it was WAY better on the firmware that it had on it when I received it. Put me right on top of caches every time and NO compass or other strangeness.

How do I downgrade????

June 16, 2011
7:52 pm
phild31
Members
3326sp_Permalink sp_Print

pprass wrote:

Thanks Phil - didn't know about that and don't know why it changed after I updated to 5.92.

Update:
6. One of the fields I have on the compass screen is "Destination" which displays the name of the cache. However in the previous version the font was too big and the name was truncated if it didn't fit in the box.
This 5.92 update has fixed that. A smaller font so now I can see the full name :cheer:

The new 'Quick Info Bar' seems to be the default.

The best thing about the 510/610/710 GPSr is all the options available to set it up the way each individual user finds most useful.
I've seen nothing else come close with the number of options available on any other GPSr.

So far the only problem I've had with the 5.93 update is the 'Find Nearest Cache' after logging a found.
And I don't use that anyway, even if it worked! 😛

June 15, 2011
12:30 pm
pprass
Members
Forum Posts: 264
3319sp_Permalink sp_Print

phild31 wrote:

The Quick info on a bar is much better than a bubble.
You can choose which way you want it - 'Map Options' - 'Quick Info: Style'

Thanks Phil - didn't know about that and don't know why it changed after I updated to 5.92.

Update:
6. One of the fields I have on the compass screen is "Destination" which displays the name of the cache. However in the previous version the font was too big and the name was truncated if it didn't fit in the box.
This 5.92 update has fixed that. A smaller font so now I can see the full name :cheer:

June 15, 2011
8:46 am
phild31
Members
3317sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, it's not really a work-a-round, the 'Geocache Details' function is supposed to work that way.
When you bring up the cache list, by any means, it should show them listed how you set it up to list them, nearest - by name - etc.

That 'show nearest caches' thing is supposed to save you a couple of steps if you don't use a hard button for 'Geocache Details'.
If it's going to be there they should fix it though.
But the hard button brings up the description while on a route or the cache list while not on a route with one press of the button, very nice.

I've found using the button instead of the 'show nearest caches' is the most efficient way for me to hunt for geocaches.
And that's when the 'show nearest caches' was working perfectly, so I just don't use it.

What works for me anyway is I use one button for 'Profile Selection' to change profile from 'Vehicle' to 'Geocaching' and the other button for 'Geocache Details'.

June 15, 2011
3:00 am
ShortcutHicksy
Members
Forum Posts: 250
3315sp_Permalink sp_Print

phild31 wrote:

I have 'Cache description' set for one of my hard buttons so after finding a cache and logging it as found when in asks 'next closest' I tap no and hit the hard button to bring up the list a caches.
While I'm on a go to when I hit the button it brings up the cache description I'm going to, hit the button again to go back to the page I was on.

I operate the same way. Although I don't like work a rounds and therefore Magellan should fix this or remove the function

Graham.

June 14, 2011
7:55 pm
warfieldm
Members
Forum Posts: 50
3312sp_Permalink sp_Print

phild31 wrote:

I have 'Cache description' set for one of my hard buttons so after finding a cache and logging it as found when in asks 'next closest' I tap no and hit the hard button to bring up the list a caches.
While I'm on a go to when I hit the button it brings up the cache description I'm going to, hit the button again to go back to the page I was on.

So, I don't use the 'Next Closest' option and have no problems.

I do the same. I bet you'd hit yes on that dialogue box if it worked properly. 🙂

The next closest feature would be very useful to me if it had three options: No, List, Map. The next closest as the crow flies is often not the closest to travel to.

June 14, 2011
3:51 pm
phild31
Members
3310sp_Permalink sp_Print

So, I don't use the 'Next Closest' option and have no problems.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 6
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply