Severeal questions about eX310 | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Severeal questions about eX310
February 5, 2012
1:11 pm
Paganel
Members
Forum Posts: 116
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5237sp_Permalink sp_Print

VPom wrote:

The little man - it is "Active track record is enabled." After you save the active track - record off. The man disappears. Record should re-enable - "Start".

Unfortunaly, ex310 too simple device and it is not possible to store multiple profiles and switch between them. Also, there is no route planning functions ...

310 is designed for off-road navigation. I have not seen the maps with routing the footpaths in the woods. Wherever we go, there are no roads or footpaths. We pave your route yourself.

Travel by road is better to buy a separate car navigator. In our country it costs less than $ 100. Each device must do that for which it is intended.

February 2, 2012
9:30 am
VPom
Members
Forum Posts: 8
5206sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the all answers.

Unfortunaly, ex310 too simple device and it is not possible to store multiple profiles and switch between them. Also, there is no route planning functions ...

//Cheers, Victor

February 1, 2012
2:28 pm
ShortcutHicksy
Members
Forum Posts: 250
5197sp_Permalink sp_Print

I assume the 310 is the same as higher numbered unit with regards the walk man icon. The icon is only seen when you are in GoTo mode i.e. you are routing to a cache or waypoint.

In setting you may have ‘Route Options’ and depending on how’ Routing Method’ is set, will decide which setting in APPAtlas.ini are used. Change the profile to vehicle or bike etc will also decide which setting in APPAtlas.ini are used.

I’m sure someone on the forum with a 310 will confirm this.

Graham.

February 1, 2012
1:22 pm
lostnfound
Members
Forum Posts: 14
5196sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi VPom,

The little man is confusing. I have no idea why he is there. As for the modes there are setting or screen options that you can set for various profiles like geocaching, hiking and so on. You set up the options you want on various screens in the settings menu and save it to a particular profile. That way if you are caching and wish for different options than hiking the unit will display them when you choose the geocaching profile. For instance you might use bearing and heading for hiking. You might use bearing and heading and distance to go for geocaching. As for the car mode these settings are done by ground speed I would imagine, but that is just a guess. My best advise would be to learn by just testing the various settings and having fun with the unit. I know this is not the reply you were hoping for. I use my unit for hunting and marking my stand locations, and trails. I do some caching with the Family too.

Bill

January 31, 2012
8:03 am
VPom
Members
Forum Posts: 8

1. There is the icon of running man at the right upper corner of the screen - what does it means? Manual describes it as "Mode" without any without detailed comments. What "Mode" meaning?

2. There are range of settings in the file APPAtlas.ini. In particular:
VehicleNavUseStaticNavigation, OutdoorUseStaticNavigation and so on. How the device recognises what setting it may use at the moment? Or there are some "hidden switch" between Vehicle and Outdoor modes? And responsible for what line GpsEnableVTGmessage is?

//Cheers, Victor

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online: jg_the_Prophet
Guest(s) 4
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply