Route Question | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Route Question
July 27, 2011
5:35 am
phild31
Nashua, New Hampshire USA
Members
Forum Posts: 1479
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3801sp_Permalink sp_Print

That's the way my 710 works also.
It won't self cancel a route, and I don't want it to, I'll tell it when to cancel a route.
If you set up the alarm to alert you at 20 or 50 feet it'll tell you when you arrive, then just cancel the route yourself.

The list will scroll to bring the partially hidden button up, just slide your finger up with constant pressure.
After you have made the 5th point you can then scroll the list up and down to see the whole list.

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

July 26, 2011
8:15 pm
PPKK
Members
Forum Posts: 8
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I've been playing with routes constructed of my waypoints when walking around my neghborhood. Why doesn't a route end/finish when I get to the last point? I start out and the 610 will "capture" (flashing dot will appear and then disappear as I pass it) each point in the list and move on to the next point until the end. At the last point in the route, the unit just sits there even if I have the flashing point centered in the position arrow. I think the unit should display a route completed or arrived at destination message and then cancel the route by itself. Even if I turn the GPS off and back on again I'm still in the route I just completed. The only way to get out of the route is to cancel it with the cancel route button. Am I doing something wrong or is it this way for everyone?

Also, I believe there is a small bug in the add/create route process when using the 610. After adding the 4th waypoint, the "add a point" button on the screen under the route point list is mostly hidden. You can get to it but I think it needs to be moved up a bit. After adding the fifth point to a route the "add a point" button is fine.

Paul K.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 8
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply