Profiles - So Cool! | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Profiles - So Cool!
December 7, 2010
6:31 pm
phild31
Nashua, New Hampshire USA
Members
Forum Posts: 1479
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
976sp_Permalink sp_Print

Like David I had no use for the profiles with the Triton but the 710 profiles are great.
While urban caching in Boston I use 'pedestrian' for routing and it guides me perfectly for being on foot.
When on my bicycle I use 'bike' and it guides me a bit different than either auto or pedestrian, but appropriate for a bicycle!

This unit ROCKS!!

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

December 7, 2010
6:15 pm
phild31
Nashua, New Hampshire USA
Members
Forum Posts: 1479
975sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sarge104 wrote:

dwcarr1 wrote:

I never really had any use for the profiles within my Triton GPSrs, however, with the eX710 and the road routing, the profiles are great. I've set the top of the two programmable buttons on the side of the unit to bring up the profile selection screen so that when I'm caching I can set a goto for a cache and selec the vehicle profile, which is setup for road routing. Once I get as close as I can, I just jump out of the Jeep and with two clicks I'm into my Geocaching profile and away I go on foot. Pretty cool! The more I figure out with this unit the more impressed I'm am...

David 🙂

Truth be told I've never had to leave the geocaching profile, after selecting the cache and hitting goto all you need to hit is the lower right option tab and scroll down to route options...Set routing method to "Vehicle (on road)" and when I hopp out to get the cache the setting to revert back to hiking comes on after I start moving slower then four miles per hour....pretty sweet.

I've tried both methods, when I do it like Sarge says I found I have to reset the 'distance to end' field. I like to have accuracy as a field while in geocaching profile.
So, like David I have a button set for profile selection.

It works for me anyway.
The really nice thing is you can set this unit up several ways and find the setup that works for you!
I'm becoming very impressed with this unit. :cheer:

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

December 6, 2010
4:16 pm
Sarge104
Members
Forum Posts: 55
967sp_Permalink sp_Print

dwcarr1 wrote:

I never really had any use for the profiles within my Triton GPSrs, however, with the eX710 and the road routing, the profiles are great. I've set the top of the two programmable buttons on the side of the unit to bring up the profile selection screen so that when I'm caching I can set a goto for a cache and selec the vehicle profile, which is setup for road routing. Once I get as close as I can, I just jump out of the Jeep and with two clicks I'm into my Geocaching profile and away I go on foot. Pretty cool! The more I figure out with this unit the more impressed I'm am...

David 🙂

Truth be told I've never had to leave the geocaching profile, after selecting the cache and hitting goto all you need to hit is the lower right option tab and scroll down to route options...Set routing method to "Vehicle (on road)" and when I hopp out to get the cache the setting to revert back to hiking comes on after I start moving slower then four miles per hour....pretty sweet.

December 6, 2010
8:19 am
David
Members
Forum Posts: 646

David 🙂

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 5
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply