Missing media | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Missing media
June 17, 2011
4:59 am
rufrak
Members
Forum Posts: 30
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3331sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, I heard those stats on the radio today too - go ahead and celebrate....you're entitled!!!

June 17, 2011
4:38 am
phild31
Nashua, New Hampshire USA
Members
Forum Posts: 1479
3330sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm not sure exactly how to save the files.
Some of the other guys can tell you much better than I can.
But the new update is working fine, just one minor problem for me anyway.
I copied everything on the 710 to my PC and hoped the update worked & I didn't need it. :blush:

Just to celebrate the Bruins win I'll be a little obnoxious, in the past ten years the Patriots won 3, Red Sox won 2, Celtics won 1 and now the Bruins won 1 world championship!

BOSTON is now Title Town! :woohoo: :woohoo:

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

June 17, 2011
4:13 am
rufrak
Members
3329sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks Phil, that seems to have done it. Excellent tutorial, by the way, exactly what a rookie like me needs!

I haven't upgraded to 5.92 yet - I've been waiting to see if any problems showed up like in the last update, but there don't seem to be any major ones so I'm thinking about taking the plunge. Which brings me to my next rookie question - which file do I save so I can go back to my old version 3.24 if I screw something up while upgrading?

Congratulations on your home team winning the Stanley Cup!! I'm not a big Vancouver fan (diehard Maple Leaf fan) but I would have loved to see the cup come back to Canada just to piss Gary Bettman off!!!! O.K., sorry...... this isn't a hockey forum.

Rick.

June 15, 2011
10:48 am
phild31
Nashua, New Hampshire USA
Members
Forum Posts: 1479
3318sp_Permalink sp_Print

You may have to reset the settings on the unit with the new update.
For myself I don't try to load pictures to VP, it always caused problems for me.

I don't think there has ever been a way to transfer your logs from GC.com to VP, but I never tried because I can't figure out why I would want to.

Here's a quick refresher on settings and PC access of the GPSr;

Phil's settings 101

I think it's easier to show step x step instructions like this. 😛
I hope it helps.

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

June 15, 2011
4:35 am
rufrak
Members

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here. When I got my 610, about a month ago, I took a few pictures (one of which is the one I'm using on this forum) and I was able to upload them onto Vantage Point and onto my computer no problem. Last week I was on a camping (and geocaching) trip and I took several pictures and even a short video and I can see them fine on the gps but I can't find them when I try to upload them to VP or onto my computer!! I have "use SD card for external storage" ticked but when I open the SD card "drive" on my computer I can't find the new pictures and same thing when I open the Magellan "drive". When I try to sync with VP, they don't show on my gps either. Now, I'm no computer (or gps) expert, so I hope it's just something simple I'm not doing - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also - isn't there a way to transfer my geocaching logs from geocaching.com to VP? I think I saw it once but now I can't find it either!!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 14
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
rtk3553, savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply