Micro Card Slot | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Micro Card Slot
January 2, 2012
3:21 pm
btbkc
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4809sp_Permalink sp_Print

Another option is to replace one bat at a time, keeping one in place at all times as this keeps 1/2 the door covered--ok for work around but is a problem that needs resolved properly.

December 31, 2011
5:42 pm
capjap
Members
Forum Posts: 33
4797sp_Permalink sp_Print

It happened to me too, and more than once. The first time I managed to find it in the car. The next time, I didn't even realize it was missing, and found it on the floor beneath my desk, in half. I tried to put it back in, but it doesn't work, and the clasp certainly does not work at all.

August 15, 2011
4:45 am
garcor
Members
Forum Posts: 93
4008sp_Permalink sp_Print

jmebd wrote:

Well, I gotta say, when I first saw this post I didn't think I'd have this problem but just today I experienced just what was described. Luckily, I was at home at my kitchen counter taking my batteries out and was watching closely and just when I got em out I noticed the SD card cover was lifted up. I know for a fact it snapped into place as it was kind of hard to get it closed after installing the card to begin with. I took some clear tape and taped mine down to avoid this problem in the future. I'd like to thank you for your post as if I'd been out in the field I may have overlooked this problem and been out a card. I'll suggest it to others as well even if you haven't had the problem yet. Better safe than sorry.

Like you Jmebd I was sure I had mine locked in place but I wasn't as lucky as you and I did loose my $100 topo map card. I reported this issue to jungle ghost and Magellan so hopefully Magellan may change the lock in future production and advise existing customers to put a bit of tape on the retainer cover after it is locked in place as an extra precaution to keep it from sliding.

I am glad my advice was helpfull to you and hopefully others that read this post.
I think this would apply to all ex models that take Micro-SD cards.

August 14, 2011
11:58 pm
jmebd
Members
Forum Posts: 184
4007sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, I gotta say, when I first saw this post I didn't think I'd have this problem but just today I experienced just what was described. Luckily, I was at home at my kitchen counter taking my batteries out and was watching closely and just when I got em out I noticed the SD card cover was lifted up. I know for a fact it snapped into place as it was kind of hard to get it closed after installing the card to begin with. I took some clear tape and taped mine down to avoid this problem in the future. I'd like to thank you for your post as if I'd been out in the field I may have overlooked this problem and been out a card. I'll suggest it to others as well even if you haven't had the problem yet. Better safe than sorry.

August 14, 2011
2:01 pm
garcor
Members
Forum Posts: 93

I would like to suggest that anyone using a Micro-SD card in there EX-10 unit put a piece of electrical tape over the slot after installing card.

( the card slot retainer doesn't lock in place very well )
or at least in my case

I just bought an 8 GB Jungle Ghost topo map three weeks ago and had it installed without tape over card slot and I lost the card when I was changing my batteries I didn't realize right away and although I had a good look where I did the exchange I couldn't find the card.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online: jg_the_Prophet
Guest(s) 2
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply