Magellan Customer Service. | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Magellan Customer Service.
March 17, 2011
2:07 pm
Caotix
Members
Forum Posts: 143
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1794sp_Permalink sp_Print

OK, finally all worked out and I received my new eX710 3 days before I had to fly home. :laugh:

It is really worth all the efforts, a real great piece.
But I still will keep my Tritons :silly:

February 22, 2011
9:40 pm
Sockeye
Members
Forum Posts: 170
1547sp_Permalink sp_Print

denisetdoris wrote:

Oh my, those are the nicest looking maps I've see yet ! I know they'll work on my T500, but to they show up as nice as that, or are they the more generic lighter background we're used to seeing ?

The map coloring, especially the shading of the elevation is handled by the built-in background map of the eXx10 series, using a mixture of RMP and DEM.

The Triton cannot handle this new format.

BR
Sockeye

February 22, 2011
7:54 pm
denisetdoris
Members
Forum Posts: 400
1546sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh my, those are the nicest looking maps I've see yet ! I know they'll work on my T500, but to they show up as nice as that, or are they the more generic lighter background we're used to seeing ?

Denis Gionet, OGA Executive Member - Northern Ontario.

February 22, 2011
3:22 pm
Caotix
Members
1542sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm getting a bit frustrated with Magellan's Customer Service. Not that they are unfriendly or unwilling to help.
Today I will call the 8th (eighth) time to find out the status for my ordered Trade In X710. :S
Every time they found another problem which has to be solved first or all was fine until I called the next time and the next problem.
First it was that I ordered from Germany with an address in the US.
Next that they had no Idea if my exchange GPSr had arrived or not. (which was liing in there stock for 4 days by then)
Then that they had to create a new order cause the first was, and I asked twice, to my home address in Germany.
After that they had problems with my billing address being in Germany and the shipping address in the US.
Now it was that the billing address itself made problems.
After all this was settled, Thursday the 17th, all seemed to work out. They told my that the shipping date was Friday the 18th. :woohoo:
Yet we have Tuesday the 22nd and guess what? I haven't heard a word from Maggie. So I will call again and try to find out what it is now.
Oh, by the way, my main reason to come to the US was that I wonted to pickup ma new GPS and do some geocaching. My flight leaves in two days and I'm wondering if I'm be there before my GPS. 😉 :side: :S

December 17, 2010
4:49 am
capjap
Members
Forum Posts: 33
1052sp_Permalink sp_Print

I called to trade an old yellow meridian and mentioned I wanted Canadian maps. The woman told me that they were in a warehouse somewhere, and perhaps she could arrange that for me. She is supposed to phone tomorrow with news of either a trade or a date when the Canadian version will be out.

In any case, she said if the trade in program finishes, the trade in and price will be honoured for me. I am so excited!

December 15, 2010
5:18 pm
phild31
Nashua, New Hampshire USA
Members
Forum Posts: 1479
1049sp_Permalink sp_Print

Brent Owen wrote:

It is interesting that you would pick my old stomping ground. I know St. Stephen well.

I have a camp in Waite, Maine.
My mother's family is from Machias, Maine.
My father and his family were from New Brunswick & Quebec. I still have family scattered all over the area.

I used to go to St. Stephen quite often a few years ago, a very nice town.

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

December 15, 2010
4:22 pm
Sockeye
Members
1048sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi,

all Vector Maps (including the Canada Topo maps) from Maps4me.net work perfectly on the new eX510 / eX610 / eX710 units.

RMPs also work, with the exclusion of RMP maps created with the TritonRMP from MSH-Tools.com.

RMPs created with MOBAC and the online Tool RMPCreator work perfectly.

Just copy them on the SD card and activate them on the eXplorist.

BR
Sockeye

December 15, 2010
3:21 pm
Brent Owen
Members
Forum Posts: 56
1047sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is interesting that you would pick my old stomping ground. I know St. Stephen well.

December 15, 2010
7:53 am
phild31
Members
1046sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, I got curious and loaded an imi on my 710.
I haven't tried making my own maps yet so I'm always cruising around looking for maps I can use, like Sockeye's Maps4Me and Magicmaps
Here's a few quick screen shots of a Magicmap;

December 15, 2010
7:13 am
phild31
Members
1045sp_Permalink sp_Print

Has anyone tried the maps from MAGic Maps on an eX10 yet?
They have a lot of Canada vector imi and raster rmp maps for the Tritons.
I know the rmp worked on my Triton.

I've got a few somewhere on my PC, I'll try them when I get the time tomorrow.

http://www.magicmaps.ca/

December 15, 2010
6:01 am
hill2goup
Members
Forum Posts: 26
1044sp_Permalink sp_Print

Brent Owen wrote:

I am having fun with the unit regardless of the lack of Canadian maps. The basemap that came with it is actually quite good. I got a good trade-in deal, so when the North American map is available I will buy that so that I can do the auto routing. The AC adapter does not have Magellan's logo on it and is made by TPT. 5 volts at 1A. Better than a kick in the pants.

The AC adapter will be handy for many other uses, MP3 players, eReaders, etc.

December 14, 2010
9:54 pm
Brent Owen
Members
1043sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am having fun with the unit regardless of the lack of Canadian maps. The basemap that came with it is actually quite good. I got a good trade-in deal, so when the North American map is available I will buy that so that I can do the auto routing. The AC adapter does not have Magellan's logo on it and is made by TPT. 5 volts at 1A. Better than a kick in the pants.

December 14, 2010
9:30 pm
Sarge104
Members
Forum Posts: 55
1042sp_Permalink sp_Print

Brent,

Hope you have fun with the unit dispite not having the canadian map set yet. It's amusing that they offered you the AC adapter when I haven't seen that offered on their site yet, I guess you could call that a win since they probably charge over 25 bucks for it on the site when it is offered :D.

December 14, 2010
9:06 pm
Brent Owen
Members
1041sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just received my replacement 710 from Magellan. I would like to say that things went smoothly, but they didn't. When they first told me that I needed a replacement for my faulty 710 they said that they would ship it free and send me a return shipping label from Fedex. I couldn't do the return over the phone right away so when I called to do the return I was told that they can not send a return shipping label to people in Canada. They said they would compensate me by giving me an AC power adapter. I don't know what I will do with an AC power adapter but I said the only thing I could and agreed to the offer. I gave them a new shipping address, because I wanted it shipped to work so that I wouldn't have to take a day off to wait for the unit. I had to give them my shipping address a couple of times because every time I talked to a different person they had to get the information again. They confirmed the shipping address when they made out the order and I thought things were fine. I was emailed a statement but to my surprise the shipping address was wrong. They used my original address. Furthermore, they charged me $25 for shipping. I called right away and explained that they got the shipping address wrong and they are not to charge me shipping. Why would they charge me for shipping when at one point they were going to pay for a return shipping label too. They were good on the phone and took off the shipping charge and changed the address. To make things easier for yourself, make sure the shipping and billing addresses are correct in your profile for your Magellan account before you talk to them on the phone. What ever changes they seem to make over the phone are not sticking. On a positive note, the people you talk to are very nice on the phone and are reasonable.

They also told me that they would ship the GPS with the latest firmware update. It didn't have the latest firmware update, and I am reluctant to update it. I am thinking that I will wait for the next update.

December 4, 2010
5:04 pm
Brent Owen
Members
949sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am surprised that the Triton units are not trading in for as much money as they were when they first started the trade-ins. I was lucky to get the $710 for $219 after trading in my T400. Anybody else still getting this deal?

December 4, 2010
1:45 pm
Caotix
Members
942sp_Permalink sp_Print

That's no problem, I do have an adress in the states B)

December 4, 2010
12:56 pm
Sockeye
Members
940sp_Permalink sp_Print

They will only accept trade-ins from US and Canada. If you have someone in the US who can hadle this for you, it will work. But they will not send it to Germany.

Maybe this will change, once the units are officially available in Europe.

BR
Sockeye

December 4, 2010
5:00 am
Caotix
Members
936sp_Permalink sp_Print

tritonforum that's where I got the hint 🙂
But you answered my question that I do have to call them. I was just curious cause I'm from germany and wondered if mail would do. But in this case I give them a call.
Thanks

December 4, 2010
4:50 am
rswhitmarsh
Members
Forum Posts: 50
935sp_Permalink sp_Print

@caotix

1800 707-9971 enter 1 for English and and 1 again.

...it doesn't matter which unit gets traded in -- old, new, Triton or other -- as long as it says Magellan. (I even asked about trading in a 1500...which I don't own)

So with trade in you can get:
a 510 for $209
a 610 for $269
a 710 for $329

more user input at tritonforum

December 4, 2010
4:35 am
Caotix
Members
933sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi there,

can anybody explain Maggys trade-in policy to me?
Do I have to contact support by phone? I did send them a mail but haven't gotten a response yet. Would be great to receive an answer here.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 8
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply