Is Your SABS Satellite Tracking Enabled on the X10 .. It should be! | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Is Your SABS Satellite Tracking Enabled on the X10 .. It should be!
January 6, 2013
5:55 pm
phild31
Nashua, New Hampshire USA
Members
Forum Posts: 1479
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

By the way, the downloadable user's manual for the 510/610/710 does not have one word about SBAS, nothing at all about using it, settings, what it is or if the units are even equipped to use it!Frown

Apparently Magellan expects everyone else to figure out how to use these units and then explain it to them!Yell

San Dimas, are you listening?

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

January 6, 2013
4:47 pm
phild31
Nashua, New Hampshire USA
Members
Forum Posts: 1479

The status is not displayed, the option to change it is.

An example, notice the 'W' top right at the satellite bars, that is the WAAS indicator and it should show a 'W' for all the SBAS systems when it is receiving and using a signal.

It does not always use the SBAS signal so the 'W' will come and go during normal operation.

When I tap disable SBAS the 'W' goes away and will not ever come back until tapping Enable SBAS;

http://i913.photobucket.com/al.....2ca6cb.png

After tapping disable;

http://i913.photobucket.com/al.....831999.png

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

January 6, 2013
1:49 pm
OSS-SAS
Admin
Forum Posts: 1

edesigner said
This has some confusion.  On my old ser # 610 clicking the stated lowwer right icon brings up a box with either of 2 messages:

X   Disable SBAS

or

V  Enable SBAS

The form of these messages implies that this is what action WILL TAKE PLACE if the box is pressed (not the current state).  This is how I read it.  There should be some sort of indication on the Satelite map page that this is on or not.    Perhaps looking at estimated error would give feedback on enabled or not and confirm my estimation.

When you click on the lower corner of the screen the status of the SBAS will be displayed.  In most cases it is enabled.  There is no indication that I am aware of that verifies it is working.  Although the unit may show evidence of a WAAS satellite on your screen this does not mean SBAS is using it.

JG

JG Technical Support is part of Jungle Ghost Enterprises (JGE) in Wayne, NJ. JG created JGE in 2007 specifically as a Repair and Service Center Worldwide for Magellan Triton and the New Explorist X10 units. For the record, JG received his moniker from the Kachins in Burma.  In Burmese he is "Dua Ma Rung".

January 6, 2013
1:28 pm
edesigner
Members
Forum Posts: 2

This has some confusion.  On my old ser # 610 clicking the stated lowwer right icon brings up a box with either of 2 messages:

X   Disable SBAS

or

V  Enable SBAS

The form of these messages implies that this is what action WILL TAKE PLACE if the box is pressed (not the current state).  This is how I read it.  There should be some sort of indication on the Satelite map page that this is on or not.    Perhaps looking at estimated error would give feedback on enabled or not and confirm my estimation.

November 13, 2012
10:22 am
Mike
Guests

Please make sure that when you go to your Satellite Screen in your X10 that you have your Satellite-based augmentation system (SABS) enabled.  We are finding many units with the SABS disabled.  Just click on the lower right icon to expose the present setting.

Below is a map of some of the SABS areas in effect.

SABS_Areas.jpg (11037 bytes)Image Enlarger

For details on how various SBAS are implemented,
please see the following articles:

Mike

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 3
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479