Hiding routes on 510 | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Hiding routes on 510
January 30, 2012
12:24 pm
lostnfound
Members
Forum Posts: 14
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5161sp_Permalink sp_Print

I walked it yesterday. 3.6 mile route in all. I saved a portion of it in VP as a trail. I'll give that portion a go here soon as a trail rather than a route. I found some good sign along the portion I saved. Picked up a cache that was 1/2 mile or so from one part of the route. I switched to go to the cache and it asked if I wanted to cancel my current route and start a new one. I said yes and got the cache. Then I back tracked and resumed the route. Lot of fun.

Bill

January 28, 2012
7:15 pm
phild31
Nashua, New Hampshire USA
Members
Forum Posts: 1479
5139sp_Permalink sp_Print

That's a pretty good solution.
When you do run the route and it works out as a good route to a hunting spot you can always save the track you made while hiking the route.
That way the track is showing the way you were walking on the ground with many more points than what's on a route.

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

January 28, 2012
4:45 pm
lostnfound
Members
5138sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you for the reply. I will save the route as a track if it turns out to be productive. In the mean time I did find a way to make it dissapear from the map screen. All I did was go to the routes in the menu, selected the route I had downloaded from vantage point, then I selected "go" from the options. My GPS then made a straight line from my house to the first saved point of the route, as if I was going to run the route. I them selected the "cancel route" option and whala! The route was cancelled and the route dissapeared from the map screen. I went back in to the routes and made sure it was still saved as a route, and it is. So with all that being said I will select go next time I want to run the route for real. Then if it proves to be a good hunting senerio, I'll save it as a track after running it. Thanks for your help.

Bill

January 28, 2012
4:20 pm
phild31
Nashua, New Hampshire USA
Members
Forum Posts: 1479
5137sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ask any questions, we all sometimes suffer from "CRSS" (Can't Remember S*** Syndrome) 😉

I've don't save any routes on my unit but I save a lot tracks.
Under 'map options' you can hide tracks but I'm not sure about routes.

Hmm, "CRSS" strikes again? :blush:

When I get the time I'll experiment a bit, if I remember.

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

January 28, 2012
2:47 pm
lostnfound
Members

I'm so sorry to have to ask this question. I have made 3 routes to try for future hunting area scouting. I have them on vantage point and loaded in to my 510. How (or where) is the setting for "hiding" them on the map screen. I would like to switch them off until I go on the route in the spring. I know I've seen it before, but I am currently suffering from "CRS" ( Can't Remember S**t ). Thanks eveyone.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online: jg_the_Prophet
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply