Frustration | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Frustration
February 18, 2012
4:09 pm
twistyipper
Members
Forum Posts: 40
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5318sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks Denis---my problem was when advancing the screen by the bottom arrows that option moved out of view, only able to see it plainly by finger scrolling---too many options for ease of use in the cold and snow of the north--cheers Ken

February 18, 2012
5:52 am
denisetdoris
Members
Forum Posts: 400
5316sp_Permalink sp_Print

ShortcutHicksy wrote:

Also check in Map Options under setting and make sure 'Geocaches' is set to 'All'.

Graham.

When showing the list of caches in the Geocaches list, look what it says at the very top, it will show either All or Selected. If Selected is showing, press that bar, you'll have the option of checking or unchecking certain things, Found, Not Found, Not found and Not attempted, etc. Make sure they're all checked and they should show in the list.

Same thing for the Map Options selections in any or all Profiles. There's 2 items to set in the Map Options menu... Whether to show All caches, Unfound, Needs Maintenance, Contains Trackables, etc., set this to All. Then the next item below, will be which way to show them on the map - Off, Icons only, or Icons and Names. Your problem is likely here, it's probably set to Off. Select one of the other choices and off you go.

In different profiles I either want to see caches and POI's, or I don't, depending on what activity I'm doing at the time. You customize each profile to all of these things to reduce clutter or have more information.

Denis Gionet, OGA Executive Member - Northern Ontario.

February 18, 2012
5:34 am
ShortcutHicksy
Members
Forum Posts: 250
5315sp_Permalink sp_Print

twistyipper wrote:

My 610 and I are having a problem and I need some assistance----my caches are not showing on the map...parking coordinates are showing--I have tried everything and all menu's without success...unit is set to show all caches of all kinds and difficulty...a search shows them in the file but when I am on the map I don't see the cache icons..........Help.thanks TY

Ken,

What do you mean when you say a search shows them in the file?

Are the geocaches showing under menu option ‘Geocaches’?

Graham.

February 18, 2012
4:52 am
Morel
Guests
5314sp_Permalink sp_Print

How did you load the caches and what folder are they in on the unit or the SD card?

February 18, 2012
4:18 am
twistyipper
Members
5313sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks but those options didn't change anything--I see parking symbols but no caches--Ken

February 18, 2012
4:18 am
twistyipper
Members
5312sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks but those options didn't change anything--I see parking symbols but no caches--Ken

February 18, 2012
2:20 am
ShortcutHicksy
Members
Forum Posts: 250
5311sp_Permalink sp_Print

Try going to the geocache list then press the option button (lower right) then press ‘View on Map’ and see if that makes any difference.

Also check in Map Options under setting and make sure 'Geocaches' is set to 'All'.

Graham.

February 18, 2012
12:17 am
twistyipper
Members

My 610 and I are having a problem and I need some assistance----my caches are not showing on the map...parking coordinates are showing--I have tried everything and all menu's without success...unit is set to show all caches of all kinds and difficulty...a search shows them in the file but when I am on the map I don't see the cache icons..........Help.thanks TY

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online: jg_the_Prophet
Guest(s) 2
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply