Finish Coming of Explorist 710 | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Finish Coming of Explorist 710
October 26, 2011
3:11 am
garcor
Members
Forum Posts: 93
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4435sp_Permalink sp_Print

Boondeck wrote:

I've not had any problems like that with my 610. Was wondering though if by any chance you used Deet insect repellent. 100% Deet is one of the strongest paint removers I've seen. It also will melt many plastics. Having wrecked a few items with it I generally avoid it. At any rate I don't use repellent with anything stronger than 25% Deet.

There are a couple of good options to Deet for insect repellents and I've found that for the most part there is little difference in the effectiveness of weaker doses of Deet except that the weaker doses don't last as long and have to be reapplied more frequently.

I wouldn't get Deet near anything plastic I valued like my 610.

Thanks for that info it is good to know, I haven't used 100% Deet but I have used Watkins Great Outdoors bug repelent with 28.5% Deet

October 26, 2011
3:00 am
jmebd
Members
Forum Posts: 184
4432sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ouuu..good to know Boondeck! Thanks for that bit of info! Not like I'm gonna need it for a while since it's getting cold here now but come next summer....well....I'll just keep on doing what I keep on doing...keep FORGETTING to spray on deepwoods OFF every stinkin time I go because I get in too big of a hurry all the time LOL! Then I ROYALLY pay for it by itching for about a week thereafter. Turkey mites in October are the WORST! Makes chiggers look like preschool....

October 26, 2011
3:00 am
jmebd
Members
Forum Posts: 184
4431sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ouuu..good to know Boondeck! Thanks for that bit of info! Not like I'm gonna need it for a while since it's getting cold here now but come next summer....well....I'll just keep on doing what I keep on doing...keep FORGETTING to spray on deepwoods OFF every stinkin time I go because I get in too big of a hurry all the time LOL! Then I ROYALLY pay for it by itching for about a week thereafter. Turkey mites in October are the WORST! Makes chiggers look like preschool....

October 25, 2011
10:09 pm
Boondeck
Members
Forum Posts: 61
4420sp_Permalink sp_Print

I've not had any problems like that with my 610. Was wondering though if by any chance you used Deet insect repellent. 100% Deet is one of the strongest paint removers I've seen. It also will melt many plastics. Having wrecked a few items with it I generally avoid it. At any rate I don't use repellent with anything stronger than 25% Deet.

There are a couple of good options to Deet for insect repellents and I've found that for the most part there is little difference in the effectiveness of weaker doses of Deet except that the weaker doses don't last as long and have to be reapplied more frequently.

I wouldn't get Deet near anything plastic I valued like my 610.

October 25, 2011
4:28 am
ShortcutHicksy
Members
Forum Posts: 250
4411sp_Permalink sp_Print

Iā€™m not seeing any pealing. The coating has rubbed off where the unit contacts the mounting cradle.

October 25, 2011
1:34 am
denisetdoris
Members
Forum Posts: 400
4409sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nothing of the sort on my 610, just a couple of scratches I put in it.... šŸ™

Denis Gionet, OGA Executive Member - Northern Ontario.

October 24, 2011
5:10 pm
garcor
Members
Forum Posts: 93

I have had my 710 for 4 months and the finish is starting to come off.
( Not scratches just pealing off )

I am wondering if I am the only one or do others have this issue?

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 5
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply