Explorist 710 Canada | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Explorist 710 Canada
February 1, 2011
12:02 am
badbrad
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1311sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got a 710 for Christmas and during the course of inputting waypoints, I was sad to see that Canada was omitted. To my surprise, I later found that there are detailed street maps of western Canada, but not the eastern half. I contacted Magellan and was told they would contact the map supplier for correction in future updates.

December 31, 2010
10:16 pm
chrismcd
Members
Forum Posts: 9
1129sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks For the info David, I was thinking that I would probably have to run one or the other of off External Memory Source.

December 31, 2010
3:36 am
David
Members
Forum Posts: 646
1118sp_Permalink sp_Print

chrismcd wrote:

thanks for the info, will check lebarons site. Just one more question if i get the 610 can i still put the city series maps for use in a car as a turn by turn gps. I know i would have to purchase seperatly

The answer is supposed to be YES, you can load the City Series from Magellan, however, here is something to think about. The 510 has 2 Gig of memory, the 610 has 4 and the 710 has 8. With the 4 Gig of internal memory in the 610 you don't have enough memory to load both the Summit Series and the City Series into the unit. I haven't asked yet and the Magellan's website doesn't say, but I don't know how the City Series are packaged if you buy them seperately (Download, DVD or SD Card). However, either way, you'll probably has to run them off of an SD-Card or remove the Summit Series maps...

If you're really interested in the City Series and you're doing a Customer Loyalty trade-in I would suggest waiting for a 710!

David

December 31, 2010
2:20 am
chrismcd
Members
1117sp_Permalink sp_Print

thanks for the info, will check lebarons site. Just one more question if i get the 610 can i still put the city series maps for use in a car as a turn by turn gps. I know i would have to purchase seperatly

December 31, 2010
12:43 am
phild31
Nashua, New Hampshire USA
Members
Forum Posts: 1479
1116sp_Permalink sp_Print

To cancel a 'go-to' tap the map, tap for the options menu - lower right corner, then you have to scroll the menu half way down. Don't tap it, leave your finger on the screen and slide up or down. With a little practice it gets easier to scroll but we need scroll buttons in an update someday.
I set it to click on tap to get used to the touch screen, it did help.

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

December 31, 2010
12:02 am
capjap
Members
Forum Posts: 33
1115sp_Permalink sp_Print

I did the exchange thing for a 610. It came with summit series Canada...I had made sure to ask for it as I was ordering. I actually had to wait a couple of days for Magellan to let me know if it were possible to have the Canadian edition as it isn't out anywhere yet that I have seen.

I sent my old unit back on the 23rd of December. Received the new one December 29th. Not bad turn around! Now if I can just figure out how to cancel a goto......

Oh, and I paid $270...$1 more than if I wanted US summit series. With taxes, shipping, etc, it was just over $300. Big savings.

December 29, 2010
1:51 am
denisetdoris
Members
Forum Posts: 400
1103sp_Permalink sp_Print

I read a blurb not long ago about that on the MagellanForum thing on Facebook, they said that the 710 wasn't going to come loaded with the Summit series maps. You'd have to buy them separately. The 610 however is to have started selling at LeBaron loaded with the Summit series already.... pricing either wasn't mentioned, or I don't remember what it was....sorry.

Denis Gionet, OGA Executive Member - Northern Ontario.

December 27, 2010
11:04 pm
chrismcd
Members

I was wondering when the Explorist 710 will be available in Canada, with Canadian maps. if it is already where can I get it.

thanks

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 3
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply