Dissapointing Mitac Service | Page 2 | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Dissapointing Mitac Service
March 25, 2012
1:11 pm
denisetdoris
Members
Forum Posts: 400
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5558sp_Permalink sp_Print

If using GSAK or VP to load your caches, you'll get the images. If you're just copying the gpx file into the unit, you won't get them. You also might not get them if you specify "Use External Storage" or "Use SD Card" in the Settings screen. I have that box unchecked, and get the images, when using VP.

Denis Gionet, OGA Executive Member - Northern Ontario.

March 25, 2012
12:34 pm
ShortcutHicksy
Members
Forum Posts: 250
5557sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have you ever had ‘Geocache Details’ programmed on the other hard button. David indicates he has done over 400 using 'Find next...' since the lastest firmware update with no problems. I have used 'Geocache Details' on one hard button, therefore I possible have a corrupted file.

When you look at a cache description which should have an image do you see a faint folder like symbol where the image should be.

Graham.

March 25, 2012
12:00 pm
pprass
Members
Forum Posts: 264
5556sp_Permalink sp_Print

ShortcutHicksy wrote:

The latest firmware fixed the compass problem but the ‘Find next nearest Geocache’ is still not working if you have a hard button set to ‘Geocache details’.

Hard button is set to factory setting - Camera! So according to others it should work, but it doesn't.

The images in the cache description should appear if they are loading on the unit correctly, there are no settings that control them. They should be loaded under MediaImagesGeocaches. You indicated they are under MediaGeocaches if that is the case move them to MediaImagesGeocaches. That should make them visible in the cache description.

Sorry I skipped mentioning a folder, but I do have the images under - MediaImagesGeocaches and I can actually open them up when I have the GPS connected to the computer.

March 25, 2012
11:28 am
ShortcutHicksy
Members
Forum Posts: 250
5555sp_Permalink sp_Print

The latest firmware fixed the compass problem but the ‘Find next nearest Geocache’ is still not working if you have a hard button set to ‘Geocache details’.

The images in the cache description should appear if they are loading on the unit correctly, there are no settings that control them. They should be loaded under MediaImagesGeocaches. You indicated they are under MediaGeocaches if that is the case move them to MediaImagesGeocaches. That should make them visible in the cache description.

Graham.

March 25, 2012
8:34 am
pprass
Members
5554sp_Permalink sp_Print

oh and btw - I just loaded the latest FW 6.32 to bring my newly serviced and repaired unit upto date. Loaded some caches and tried to use the "Next Nearest" function and guess what - it doesn't work :laugh: So after all of that messing around with the service and them deleting my maps - it still doesn't work.

I then tried to calibrate the compass and to my surprise - it did work!

One other problem I am having though is that I can't get the images to appear on the cache page. The image is in the Media folder under the "Geocaches" file, but wont appear on the cache page of the unit - what have I forgotten?

March 23, 2012
9:03 pm
pprass
Members
5518sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes - same s/n same casing.

I was supposed to be called back yesterday by Magellan, but of coarse no call was received. It is now the weekend so I can't do anything until Monday - time is ticking away!

March 23, 2012
10:06 am
Sockeye
Members
Forum Posts: 170
5504sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is the serial# still the same?

BR
Sockeye

March 23, 2012
3:02 am
pprass
Members

I sent my 610 to be serviced after I could not get the compass to calibrate nor the next nearest function to work with the 6.10 upgrade and it came back in a very bad state! (I could no longer wait for David's Magellan guy to contact me even after a few email exchanges with David.)

First thing I noticed when I opened the box that the unit came in was that the rubber boot that covers the mini USB plug was loose and just thrown in the box! Now when I left it with service people it certainly was attached and securely attached at that - not even a slight tear.
Then when I started the unit I immediately saw on the start up screen that it was loaded with firmware vesion 2.62 - they didn't even bother to load it with the latest FW!
And then to really upset me, I found that the World Map and Detailed Map were missing - I see them on the Map screen, but they both have a cross against them and I can't activate them. The only map that I have is the Image Map that is on the SD card.

I have contacted Navman support to get them to fix these issues, but I am not very hopeful of a satisfactory result in the next few days as I need the GPS for a Mega Event that we are atrtending over Easter.

Not a very happy person at the moment

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 3
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply