710 - No images attached to caches from PQ | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
710 - No images attached to caches from PQ
March 4, 2012
12:36 am
Chris
Members
Forum Posts: 12
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5369sp_Permalink sp_Print

David - the images do show on the cache page description. I think I've misunderstood what the images do when they are loaded in with the PQ. I thought they'd appear when you tapped the media link when viewing a cache.

Thanks!!

Chris

March 3, 2012
7:06 pm
David
Members
Forum Posts: 646
5367sp_Permalink sp_Print

Where are you looking for the images to be display? The images that are downloaded do not show up as assocaited images under the attacked media within the cache information. Actually, they will only be displayed within the html of the description portion of the cache info. If this is not happening, please send me the GC ID number and I will pass it onto Magellan.

David

March 3, 2012
5:58 pm
Chris
Members
Forum Posts: 12

I've downloaded a PQ into the 710 using Vantage Point which also downloads some 700 odd images which appear in the Media/Images/Geocache folder. I can see in there a particular image I know is on a cache page.
Yet when I search for and open that cache there are no images attached to it. I've checked several caches where I know there are images on the page and that those images have been downloaded to the GPS.

Am I missing something here? I thought the idea was you could view cache page images from the cache page itself? If this isn't the case I can't see how on earth you link up the 700 images in the folder to the 5000 caches I have in the PQ!!

Edited to add. If I view the cache details in VP then the 'view photos' is greyed out.
Just to clarify, these are caches that either have a photo on the cache page in the description or a 'spoiler' added to the page that appears in the gallery.

Someone point me in the right direction please!!

Thanks
Chris

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 99
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
phild31: 1479
David: 646
denisetdoris: 400
pprass: 264
S!G: 251
ShortcutHicksy: 250
jmebd: 184
Sockeye: 170
Caotix: 143
Paganel: 116
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5
Members: 805
Moderators: 0
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 15
Forums: 42
Topics: 921
Newest Members:
savannahtindale, Wat, KHB3, ethanwetherspoon, EmilyAnges, cletachristie0, Robert Temple, OSS-SAS
Administrators: jg_the_Prophet: 29, mike_the_Enforcer: 0, OSS-SAS: 1

Leave a Reply