Trouble Adding Waypoints to 710 | Geocaching .. Tips Tricks Cautions and Secrets | Forums

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Trouble Adding Waypoints to 710
Problems entering waypoint data
December 29, 2013
3:27 pm
phild31
Nashua, New Hampshire USA
Members
Forum Posts: 1564
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

This has always happened with the Explorists.

I pre ordered both a GC & later a 710 when they came out, so I assume I have one of the first units of both and this has happened on both units since day one.

At first I was upset about it and even more upset that Magellan has never done anything about it, but that one digit amounts to about six feet on a unit that has an accuracy of 15 feet, so I have learned to live with it.

It still bothers me that the numbers I input cannot be saved but that's how Magellan operates I guess, they couldn't care less about the consumers of their products.

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout
December 29, 2013
6:10 am
jjeske1241
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I have several times tried to create waypoints using the "input coordinates" method.

When I go to save the waypoint data, the gps shifts the last digit of the coords I entered by one number. For instance, I will enter .781, and the gps will shift it to .782.  Has anyone else experienced this problem? Am I just doing something wrong?

I have no problems with downloading data, just with the manual entry. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 99

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phild31: 1564

David: 677

denisetdoris: 422

S!G: 284

pprass: 280

ShortcutHicksy: 258

jmebd: 193

Sockeye: 173

Caotix: 142

Paganel: 120

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 5

Members: 1268

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 15

Forums: 45

Topics: 996

Newest Members:

Richardfub, tolikkk, Ramonavete, koopdog, MichaelSuh, nifroteri, DennSix, Ernestacuth, zenTeall, Olgasnurf

Administrators: JungleGhost: 284, Mike: 25

Comments

Trouble Adding Waypoints to 710 | Geocaching .. Tips Tricks Cautions and Secrets | Forums — 1 Comment

• PLEASE FORGIVE OUR AUTOMATED RESPONSE

Concerning your inquiry on this website. Unfortunately, we do not respond to service questions posted in the comment section of this website. If you wish to have a member of our forum assist you with a solution then post a MESSAGE on this website. May we suggest, that you JOIN the Forum. MEMBERSHIP is FREE. Do a search for your problem. If you do not find the answer then please post your question under the appropriate section. Do not use the comments section or your inquiry will not be answered. Joining is free and in this manner, both we and our membership can provide solutions. This method will also help other members. Regards, JG

Add Comment Register

Leave a Reply