Maps almost strobing | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Maps almost strobing
Flicking between different maps on 710
May 28, 2013
5:59 pm
JungleGhost
Wayne NJ
Admin
Forum Posts: 289
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

bobofrett said
All seems good. I tried it out in London today and no strobing. Many. many thanks

Bobo,

Chalk one up for the GOOD GUYS. Smile

JG

JG is the Founder of Jungle Ghost Enterprises (JGE) in Wayne, NJ. He created JGE in 2007 specifically as a Repair and Service Center Worldwide for Magellan Triton and the New Explorist X10 units.

May 28, 2013
4:30 pm
bobofrett
Members
Forum Posts: 26

All seems good. I tried it out in London today and no strobing. Many. many thanks

May 27, 2013
5:32 pm
bobofrett
Members

Have had a bit of guidance on what you meant. I'll post my results. Fingers crossed.

thanks for the help JG

May 27, 2013
1:29 pm
bobofrett
Members

Hi Jungle Ghost, thanks for the help. I followed you right up until

Now add the file name of the UK ordinance software to the [IMAGE] as file names

[BASE]
0=WWEU_BM.mgi

[PC]

[IMAGE]
0=Europe.imi
1=Europe.tpo
2=
3=

etc….

Please can you explain that in simpler terms.

I can see the europe.imi/tpo/poi file in the map folder on the 710 and I can see all the os files as .rmp's on the sd card. I am assuming that if they are just sitting free on the sd card that means they are in the root file?

May 27, 2013
12:42 pm
JungleGhost
Wayne NJ
Admin
Forum Posts: 289

bobofrett said
Hi there, I am new to using a 710. I have UK ordnance survey maps installed through an sd card and using latest version of the 710 software.

The map constantly strobes between a lovely detailed os map and a green map which shows maybe one or two roads and the caches. It does this very quickly too. I have messed about with various settings and different zoom levels but it still happens. Please can someone help. I've used a GC for the last couple of years but wanted to make the step to detailed maps. Not happening so far.

Gutted

Bobo,

We have seen this problem before. It is the UK ordnance survey maps.

Just for the heck of your may have to inform the 710 of the existence of these maps.

First of all, the maps have to be in the ROOT of the MicroSDHC card.  Do not place them in a subfolder named /map or /map_data.

Next you will see in the /map folder of the 710 /map file a file named touch.mdc

Transfer a copy of this file to the ROOT of the Micro memory card.

Now add the file name of the UK ordinance software to the [IMAGE] as file names

[BASE]
0=WWEU_BM.mgi

[PC]

[IMAGE]
0=Europe.imi
1=Europe.tpo
2=
3=

etc....

See if this stabilizes the maps.

JG

JG is the Founder of Jungle Ghost Enterprises (JGE) in Wayne, NJ. He created JGE in 2007 specifically as a Repair and Service Center Worldwide for Magellan Triton and the New Explorist X10 units.

May 27, 2013
10:37 am
bobofrett
Members

Hi there, I am new to using a 710. I have UK ordnance survey maps installed through an sd card and using latest version of the 710 software.

The map constantly strobes between a lovely detailed os map and a green map which shows maybe one or two roads and the caches. It does this very quickly too. I have messed about with various settings and different zoom levels but it still happens. Please can someone help. I've used a GC for the last couple of years but wanted to make the step to detailed maps. Not happening so far.

Gutted

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 451

Currently Online:
23 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phild31: 1564

David: 677

denisetdoris: 422

S!G: 284

pprass: 280

ShortcutHicksy: 258

jmebd: 193

Sockeye: 173

Caotix: 142

Paganel: 120

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 5

Members: 1617

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 15

Forums: 45

Topics: 1003

Newest Members:

TersulamD, Thomaspar, RachlNiz, kaitlinmb60, hat, Karalinkabub, KulIkA, hero, fytkbrf, jhif

Administrators: JungleGhost: 289, Mike: 25

Comments

Maps almost strobing | General 510 610 710 | Forums — 1 Comment

• PLEASE FORGIVE OUR AUTOMATED RESPONSE

Concerning your inquiry on this website. Unfortunately, we do not respond to service questions posted in the comment section of this website. If you wish to have a member of our forum assist you with a solution then post a MESSAGE on this website. May we suggest, that you JOIN the Forum. MEMBERSHIP is FREE. Do a search for your problem. If you do not find the answer then please post your question under the appropriate section. Do not use the comments section or your inquiry will not be answered. Joining is free and in this manner, both we and our membership can provide solutions. This method will also help other members. Regards, JG

Add Comment Register

Leave a Reply