How do you manage the waypoints, routes, etc? | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
How do you manage the waypoints, routes, etc?
August 29, 2012
3:56 pm
phild31
Nashua, New Hampshire USA
Members
Forum Posts: 1564
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
7028sp_Permalink sp_Print

After transferring data to program do not disconnect the device, open the device with Windows Explorer and delete whatever you want deleted.

Then add new data, the device does not have to be disconnected at any time.

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout
August 29, 2012
8:06 am
Paganel
Members
Forum Posts: 120
7027sp_Permalink sp_Print

Unfortunately work with waypoints, tracks and routes complicated by VantagePoint can not delete data from the Navigator. It is available for Triton but why for eXplorist.
I asked the developer about a year ago. Is it comfortable? Connect the device to transfer data into the program, disconnect the device, delete data, connect the device, add new data ...

August 29, 2012
1:37 am
phild31
Members
7020sp_Permalink sp_Print

soleful2001 wrote:

I agree when I synched my waypoints, tracks and routes, the track file folder contains files that are not easily identified. Is there a way to work around this so I can clean up my track files? Also, there was thread in here that detailed how to over-ride the track limit of 200. Does anyone know where that is? I would have done the mod earlier, but I was not confident.

Don't just sync everything onto VP, name them on the GPSr first then move just the tracks you want to save.

Work in Vantage Point, not Windows Explorer.

The track limit instructions have worked perfectly on my 710 for months with no troubles.

August 29, 2012
1:17 am
phild31
Members
7019sp_Permalink sp_Print

The APP to use is Vantage Point for routes and tracks.

Save your tracks and routes on Vantage Point, it's easy, quick and it will sort them by name.
Name them on the GPSr and then move them (sync) to VP.
If you saved them on the SD card you will have to move them to the internal memory of the GPSr first, VP does not read the card.
After they are on VP you can export anywhere you want them as .trk, .log, .gpx, .plt, .kml

Here's some screenshots of VP;

The three tracks I just loaded to VP, I named them for the date I made them on the 710;

August 29, 2012
12:31 am
BarryG
Members
Forum Posts: 36
7018sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wish the waypoints/track/route files were viewable on the computer with the same names displayed on the Explorist with the provision to selectively delete them.

August 28, 2012
10:47 pm
Jaker
Members
Forum Posts: 61
7017sp_Permalink sp_Print

Soleful2001, to edit for more tracks, etc., see this discussion- 2nd to last post.
http://www.exploristforum.com/.....rt=15#5230

Not sure if this is what you are after or not, but here is
some advice, that I received earlier from Phild31---

You can export everything, waypoints, geocaches, tracks and routes from VP to your computer.

In VP under 'Exchange' - 'Export' and export whatever you want to where ever you want on your computer.
I save the tracks as GPX files on my computer.
I will do them one at a time to a folder and name each track in the folder as I move them.
If you do them all at once all the tracks end up as one big GPX file that has to be moved back as one file.

Then you can delete them from VP and the GPSr.
-----

This worked great for me, I just renamed them to what best suited me before
exporting them.

Jaker

August 28, 2012
10:28 pm
soleful2001
Members
Forum Posts: 91
7016sp_Permalink sp_Print

I agree when I synched my waypoints, tracks and routes, the track file folder contains files that are not easily identified. Is there a way to work around this so I can clean up my track files? Also, there was thread in here that detailed how to over-ride the track limit of 200. Does anyone know where that is? I would have done the mod earlier, but I was not confident.

August 28, 2012
9:56 pm
BarryG
Members
Forum Posts: 36

I often upload waypoints, routes, etc before a hike. But I need to start managing/deleting the old objects. Is there an app that will allow you to do this easily from a PC - to view the objects and mark for deletion, etc?

Unfortunately, Windows Explorer shows all objects as "Import_....".gpx

I know I can view each file and figure out what it is, but this is awfully cumbersome.

TIA

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 451

Currently Online:
20 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phild31: 1564

David: 677

denisetdoris: 422

S!G: 284

pprass: 280

ShortcutHicksy: 258

jmebd: 193

Sockeye: 173

Caotix: 142

Paganel: 120

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 5

Members: 1617

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 15

Forums: 45

Topics: 1003

Newest Members:

TersulamD, Thomaspar, RachlNiz, kaitlinmb60, hat, Karalinkabub, KulIkA, hero, fytkbrf, jhif

Administrators: JungleGhost: 289, Mike: 25

Comments

How do you manage the waypoints, routes, etc? | General 510 610 710 | Forums — 1 Comment

• PLEASE FORGIVE OUR AUTOMATED RESPONSE

Concerning your inquiry on this website. Unfortunately, we do not respond to service questions posted in the comment section of this website. If you wish to have a member of our forum assist you with a solution then post a MESSAGE on this website. May we suggest, that you JOIN the Forum. MEMBERSHIP is FREE. Do a search for your problem. If you do not find the answer then please post your question under the appropriate section. Do not use the comments section or your inquiry will not be answered. Joining is free and in this manner, both we and our membership can provide solutions. This method will also help other members. Regards, JG

Add Comment Register

Leave a Reply