Geocaching with the eXplorist 610 | General 510 610 710 | Forums

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Geocaching with the eXplorist 610
October 17, 2010
7:20 pm
S!G
Members
Forum Posts: 284
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
663sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm pleased, I could help you out. I sendet my wishlist yust a minute ago...

B)

Steffen

¡¿ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ sıɥʇ ʎnq ı pıp ʎɥʍ
October 17, 2010
5:38 pm
David
Members
Forum Posts: 677
662sp_Permalink sp_Print

No Way - I must have been tired!!! I look through the menus half a dozen times and couldn’t find it to save my life! Thanks S1G! I’m going to suggest that they add Search Nearby items and the Geocache List to the button options – having to click through a couple of screens can be cumbersome when trying to bring up a new cache to “Goto”, then mark it as “Found” bring up the next one!!!

Anway, Thanks Again, S!G - I guess this old man is going blind :huh:
David

October 17, 2010
11:02 am
S!G
Members
Forum Posts: 284
661sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here:

¡¿ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ sıɥʇ ʎnq ı pıp ʎɥʍ
October 17, 2010
7:07 am
David
Members
Forum Posts: 677

Ok, I finally got to sneak out of the office and take the 610 out on a real Geocaching adventure and all I have to say is wow!!! We spent about 12 hours on the back of our ATVs logging 117 finds yesterday and the 610 worked flawlessly. The response and accuracy will hold up to my Triton 400 & 1500 any day and with the zoom ranges going down to 10ft it was actually easier to read than the Triton 400 that was mounted on my handlebars. Also, the brightness of the screen is amazing in the bright desert sunlight, when compared to the Triton. One thing that I did find out about the 610 yesterday was that a light touch works best on the touch screen. At times I was beginning to get frustrated with it, because I kept pressing the virtual buttons over and over and over trying to get them to respond, however, once I figured out that it responds best to the light touch – it worked great the rest of the day! I will say that it is a big change from using the Triton and it takes a little getting used to – however, it is a great unit and I’m ready to gas up the ATV and go again and when I do the 610 with will the GPSr that I have in hand….

David

P.S. There is one thing that I wanted to change and I’ve played with it before – but I couldn’t find it yesterday so maybe another one of our testers can remind me. Where do I have to go to assign a different function to the two external buttons?

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 451

Currently Online:
19 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phild31: 1564

David: 677

denisetdoris: 422

S!G: 284

pprass: 280

ShortcutHicksy: 258

jmebd: 193

Sockeye: 173

Caotix: 142

Paganel: 120

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 5

Members: 1625

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 15

Forums: 45

Topics: 1003

Newest Members:

Charlesnuh, Richardket, MelvinSkese, Mhasepet, Charleswaymn, Josepherm, GTA5ManTam, GennadiySar, TersulamD, Thomaspar

Administrators: JungleGhost: 289, Mike: 25

Comments

Geocaching with the eXplorist 610 | General 510 610 710 | Forums — 1 Comment

• PLEASE FORGIVE OUR AUTOMATED RESPONSE

Concerning your inquiry on this website. Unfortunately, we do not respond to service questions posted in the comment section of this website. If you wish to have a member of our forum assist you with a solution then post a MESSAGE on this website. May we suggest, that you JOIN the Forum. MEMBERSHIP is FREE. Do a search for your problem. If you do not find the answer then please post your question under the appropriate section. Do not use the comments section or your inquiry will not be answered. Joining is free and in this manner, both we and our membership can provide solutions. This method will also help other members. Regards, JG

Add Comment Register

Leave a Reply