Firmware Update 610 | Bug Reporting | Forums

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Firmware Update 610
October 12, 2012
8:43 am
WRW
Members
Forum Posts: 15
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sockeye said

Me neither...

AND what takes Magellan so long to enable a waypoint-projection and not only from the current position??

It is not that hard! This would make these cool devices competitve to Garmin regarding geocaching.

BR
Sockeye

Exactly! I am pretty sure that my old explorist 600 projected points from anywhere. Also, it would be nice if Magellan would add a feature where you could get the distance and bearing between two waypoints. In the past, I did this by creating a route using the 2 points but my X610 only gives the distance. What about showing the azimuth with the distance? Simple, simple stuff that Maggie can do and features that they have done in past models.

October 11, 2012
12:32 am
David
Members
Forum Posts: 677

Denis,

Just for public knowledge. You can rename the firmware installer extension from .exe to .zip and then extract the file. This will give you access to all of the files in the installer and you can copy the files into the correct directories on the unit. When you do this, just like when you run the installer, upon reboot the unit will install that version of the firmware. I've done this a number of times and never had a problem with it.

Also, Denis if you could send me a write up on the issue that you had I would like to send it to Matt and see if we can get it addressed...

Thanks,
David

October 10, 2012
11:09 pm
denisetdoris
Members
Forum Posts: 422

I managed to find 6.32 on the 'puter, one of the few things that didn't get lost last time the thing crashed. I managed to install that firmware, despite the installer crapping out. It was kicking out of the install, due to me trying to install an older version than was on it already.

If anyone wants to ditch 6.52 and go back to 6.32, you have to edit your firmware to make the unit think it's 6.32. In the Sys folder, there's a file (not quite sure which) that has all the OS and FW information. In it, you edit the file with notepad, you'll quickly find the FW version showing as 00.06.52.01.??, and just edit the 52 to 32. Save the file, and restart the update. All is now back to standard 6.32 OS.

I had an issue with a Backtrack while in thick bush, telling me the next point is 9652 km's away. Not gonna deal with that crap for long.

Denis Gionet, OGA Executive Member - Northern Ontario.
October 10, 2012
8:54 am
Mike
Guests

denisetdoris said

What was the previous FW before 6.52, and where can I download one ? I had mine do a couple of iffy things while on a backtrack in thick bush while hunting. I'm not so impressed with the latest Fw, I wanna go back to what I had, which was the other most recent version before 6.52.

Previous version was 6.32 released on 01-24-12. You can find ALL previous versions by visiting http://www.jungleghost.com/Explorist/

Mike

October 10, 2012
8:02 am
alois
Members
Forum Posts: 19

hmm, no edit post funktion?
anyway, release history can be found here:
http://gpsinformation.net/allo.....lorist_610

October 10, 2012
7:56 am
alois
Members
Forum Posts: 19

Non-official 6.45 (not recommend)
latest release was 6.32

October 10, 2012
12:13 am
denisetdoris
Members
Forum Posts: 422

What was the previous FW before 6.52, and where can I download one ? I had mine do a couple of iffy things while on a backtrack in thick bush while hunting. I'm not so impressed with the latest Fw, I wanna go back to what I had, which was the other most recent version before 6.52.

Denis Gionet, OGA Executive Member - Northern Ontario.
May 11, 2012
4:47 pm
Boondeck
Members
Forum Posts: 62

This is what the Magellan website says with regard to 6.52

Software Improvements

New OS & Drivers to support new Wintek Panel
New OS & Drivers to support new Camera
FHS Map Support
Leap Year Fix

May 11, 2012
3:43 pm
Sockeye
Members
Forum Posts: 173

Me neither...

AND what takes Magellan so long to enable a waypoint-projection and not only from the current position??

It is not that hard! This would make these cool devices competitve to Garmin regarding geocaching.

BR
Sockeye

May 10, 2012
11:41 pm
DavorF
Members
Forum Posts: 29

I upgraded my 610, but didn't noticed any major changes/improvements.

May 10, 2012
10:38 pm
Jaker
Members
Forum Posts: 61

Just went to transfer a track from my 610 gpsr to VP and received a firmware update notice to v 6.52. I did not update and do not actually see the update on the Magellan site.
I would like to see what the update contains before downloading.

Jaker

Curiousity is powerful, updated anyway. Now to check it out and find if there are improvements or (no don't even think about it). 🙂

Oops! Sorry, did not mean to post this in "bug reporting"

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 99

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phild31: 1564

David: 677

denisetdoris: 422

S!G: 284

pprass: 280

ShortcutHicksy: 258

jmebd: 193

Sockeye: 173

Caotix: 142

Paganel: 120

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 5

Members: 1390

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 15

Forums: 45

Topics: 999

Newest Members:

HotakFS, Vandakz, Lanatf, tpgamwell, SamnotsT, DonaLd100, Jordanripse, Jeremymug, Jim LaRue, gemasdotr

Administrators: JungleGhost: 286, Mike: 25

Comments

Firmware Update 610 | Bug Reporting | Forums — 1 Comment

• PLEASE FORGIVE OUR AUTOMATED RESPONSE

Concerning your inquiry on this website. Unfortunately, we do not respond to service questions posted in the comment section of this website. If you wish to have a member of our forum assist you with a solution then post a MESSAGE on this website. May we suggest, that you JOIN the Forum. MEMBERSHIP is FREE. Do a search for your problem. If you do not find the answer then please post your question under the appropriate section. Do not use the comments section or your inquiry will not be answered. Joining is free and in this manner, both we and our membership can provide solutions. This method will also help other members. Regards, JG

Add Comment Register

Leave a Reply