eXplorist 310. Wrong date at the saved track | Bug Reporting | Forums

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
eXplorist 310. Wrong date at the saved track
April 8, 2012
6:26 pm
EScout
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5716sp_Permalink sp_Print

Date is correct now. Seems to be tracks in March, or saving in April, the current track with start points in March. Probably a Feb 29 Leap day bug.

April 7, 2012
5:12 pm
VPom
Members
Forum Posts: 7
5704sp_Permalink sp_Print

MioWalker wrote:

Hi Guys,
I recently bought an explorist 610 and noticed the wrong dates here also. It even wrote 2012-03-32 in the GPX file while we were walking/recording that track on the 31st of march...
That can't be right !
We live in the netherlands and are only +1 hour shifted from GMT time.
Attached you will find the GPX file with the InValid dates.
Looks like a bug to me !

MioWalker

I'm shure difference between local and GMT time in this case does not matter. In my region the shift between local time ant GMT is +6 hours.

So far, I have the following statistics:

2011-Nov-09 - Date correct
2011-Nov-10 - Date correct
2012-Jan-17 - Date correct
2012-Jan-18 - Date correct
2012-Mar-09 - Date incorrect, set to 2012-Mar-10
2012-Mar-29 - Date incorrect, set to 2012-Mar-30
2012-Mar-30 - Date incorrect, set to 2012-Mar-31
2012-Apr-02 - Date correct
2012-Apr-03 - Date correct
2012-Apr-06 - Date correct

It seems that the wrong date in the tracks appear in March only...

//Cheers, Victor
April 7, 2012
3:53 pm
MioWalker
Members
Forum Posts: 0
5703sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Guys,
I recently bought an explorist 610 and noticed the wrong dates here also. It even wrote 2012-03-32 in the GPX file while we were walking/recording that track on the 31st of march...
That can't be right !
We live in the netherlands and are only +1 hour shifted from GMT time.
Attached you will find the GPX file with the InValid dates.
Looks like a bug to me !

MioWalker

April 7, 2012
2:40 pm
VPom
Members
5702sp_Permalink sp_Print

denisetdoris wrote:

I'm wondering if it wasn't a bug from the satellites, maybe sending the wrong data in the date field. Is that possible ? Maybe someone who knows could verify this... there's too many different units with the same issue, the only common link is the sat data.

It is not a satellite problem. I have two tracks recorded simultaneously by two devices located close to each other. One of the devices - Magellan eXplorist 310, second - GPS Logger Qstarz BT-Q1000P. The track, recorded eX310 date is incorrect, in the track, recorded Qstarz - is correct.

//Cheers, Victor
April 7, 2012
5:29 am
denisetdoris
Members
Forum Posts: 422
5699sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm wondering if it wasn't a bug from the satellites, maybe sending the wrong data in the date field. Is that possible ? Maybe someone who knows could verify this... there's too many different units with the same issue, the only common link is the sat data.

Denis Gionet, OGA Executive Member - Northern Ontario.
April 6, 2012
6:51 pm
David
Members
Forum Posts: 677
5697sp_Permalink sp_Print

Please email (Zukicacher@gmail.com) me one of the track files with this problem and I will get it to the engineers at Magellan so they can get this fixed. When you email it to me, please include the model number and firmware version. I beleive you said this is a 110 so it will only have the original firmware - but please include this so I don't forget...

Thanks,
David

April 6, 2012
6:20 pm
EScout
Members
Forum Posts: 1
5696sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was about to post the same problem when I saw this. My 110 is showing the track log date 24 hours ahead. I am familiar with track logs and the UTC time. The actual track points have a date one day ahead, although the UTC time is correct. And the date of the track listed on the Track screen shows one day ahead. And the date of the active track sometimes shows 31 as in 2031.

It did not do this previously, and the change was either after leap year or the time change to daylight.

April 4, 2012
12:44 am
Charles
Members
Forum Posts: 35
5667sp_Permalink sp_Print

The x10 uses UTC time (GMT) internally. The file creation date for a track seems to be obtained from the time that the track was saved. Depending on your location, this might be one day greater than the local date. In my case, any file saved after 4 pm will have tomorrow's date, depending on the vagaries of daylight saving.

The time field for each track point also uses the UTC date and time so that it will exhibit the same behavior.

Vantage Point seems to adjust the date and time for the track points and for the file based on the local time zone.

I don't know if this is your problem, but it is one possible explanation.

April 2, 2012
7:11 am
VPom
Members

I encountered a strange problem in my eXplorist 310 (FW ver. 1.17). Sometimes (I do not understand under what conditions) while keeping track of points of its date is set for the day ahead of the true.

//Cheers, Victor
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 99

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phild31: 1564

David: 677

denisetdoris: 422

S!G: 284

pprass: 280

ShortcutHicksy: 258

jmebd: 193

Sockeye: 173

Caotix: 142

Paganel: 120

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 5

Members: 1355

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 15

Forums: 45

Topics: 999

Newest Members:

YmpoRefT, Davidutere, Merrilldak, maskisa, AbanaTut, Nicanor89Mef, NancyGuine, JoeyGluse, Robertsop, Gregoryedura

Administrators: JungleGhost: 286, Mike: 25

Comments

eXplorist 310. Wrong date at the saved track | Bug Reporting | Forums — 1 Comment

• PLEASE FORGIVE OUR AUTOMATED RESPONSE

Concerning your inquiry on this website. Unfortunately, we do not respond to service questions posted in the comment section of this website. If you wish to have a member of our forum assist you with a solution then post a MESSAGE on this website. May we suggest, that you JOIN the Forum. MEMBERSHIP is FREE. Do a search for your problem. If you do not find the answer then please post your question under the appropriate section. Do not use the comments section or your inquiry will not be answered. Joining is free and in this manner, both we and our membership can provide solutions. This method will also help other members. Regards, JG

Add Comment Register

Leave a Reply